Type EAS102 M100 modules make it possible to evaluate up to 2 absolute encoders. SSI (Synchronous Serial Interface) is used as the communication protocol. The EAS102 offers the openness of an extensively configurable SSI protocol.
Furthermore, a parity check and the evaluation of transmitted special bits are supported. The counting direction can be defined via the DIR output. Referencing is initiated via the SET output. Digitally transmitted encoder errors can be detected via a separate input. If the actual position is reaching a configured target value, module-to-module communication enables a digital output to be switched at the adjacent module without any time loss. An encoder supply directly via the module terminals enables a complete and fast SSI encoder connection directly via the connector panel of the EAS102 module.
- 2 interfaces for evaluating SSI encoders
- DIR and SET output
- Input for detecting encoder errors
- 2 x 5 V DC / 24 V DC / GND encoder supply
- Synchronous clocks
- Direct module-to-module communication:
- Immediate switching of DO at the neighboring module when the target position/comparison value is reached