Modern automation systems solve complex tasks that go far beyond the controlling of a plant. Procedural or object-oriented programming in C and C++ languages makes it possible to solve a wide range of tasks in an efficient and structured way. The C/ C++ Developer supports the system programmer here through all phases of software development. System-level programming offers optimum flexibility with maximum performance.
Synergies in the SolutionCenter
The integration of the C/C++ Developer in the SolutionCenter gives users the synergies needed to create added value.
- By linking C/C++ projects in a Solution project with device configurations and templates, they can be combined to form a complete solution and managed as one.
- The C/C++ projects are processed in a predefined perspective containing editors and views arranged to meet the needs of the user.
- The integrated version management function using GIT and SVN enables the user to track code modifications easily and provides the basis for effective release management as well as working together in teams.
- The use of the integrated scripting framework or other extensions in the form of plugins, which can also be installed directly from the Eclipse Marketplace, simplifies engineering and programming.
- The use of SolutionCenter scripting API enables the application of modern software development methods such as continuous integration, model-driven development and test-driven development.
- Predefined project templates enable users to get started quickly in developing applications. Individual features, which can be compiled immediately, can then be selected, transferred to the controller and run.
Efficient programming and management
The clear and intuitive editors allow modern and efficient operation.
- The user-defined syntax highlighting increases here the readability of code in C and C++ programming languages.
- Thanks to the fully available code navigation and call hierarchy, it is also possible to easily identify interrelationships in complex applications.
- Efficient programming is particularly enhanced by the context-sensitive autocomplete function and the predefined and extendable code and file templates.
- Project management in a workspace enables all changes to the source files to be stored in a local history. These can be called again at a later time irrespective of whether the project is version managed.
- An extensive validation function immediately notifies the programmer of programming errors when the code is edited.
- Information on interfaces and the documentation of classes and functions or variables can be called and displayed via tooltips without leaving the editor.
- The project-wide changing of identifiers can be carried out easily and thoroughly, just like the formatting of source codes.
The C/C++ Developer has an open, flexible and transparent design, and thus brings the engineering to a new level.
- All sections of the source code are saved in text form in the project, thus enabling the user to generate entire source codes and configurations. Recurring operating steps can thus be automated and copy/paste errors prevented.
- The structuring of the program sections can be selected as required and thus enables the application to have a modular design.
- Programming is carried out irrespective of the target platform, which only has to be selected at the time of execution. After compilation, the created application can be transferred directly to an M1 controller and run.
- User-defined tags can be set for tasks in order to keep open issues better in view.
Higher quality through simple troubleshooting
The debug framework of the C/C++ Developer is extremely useful, particularly with the development of new applications and with troubleshooting.
- An application can be stopped at any position via a breakpoint and then executed in steps. Breakpoints can be managed jointly and activated or deactivated altogether.
- Conditions can be assigned to breakpoints so that the application can be stopped in specific circumstances.
- When the application is stopped, the stack frame is displayed by which it is also possible to navigate to the functions called.
- It is also possible to debug several applications and tasks simultaneously.
- The Disassembly view enables monitoring and debugging to be carried out in the assembler code. The source code is shown at the same time.
- Languages: ANSI C and C++
- Gnu compiler gcc
- Automatic adaptation and management of the computer environment
- Editor and debugger based on Eclipse CDT
- Intellisense: Automatic supplementation of structure elements
- Syntax highlighting
- Folding code ranges, e.g. for complete while loops