With the bus expansion module BES212 and BES212/N a »high speed« connection up to 3 m away is possible with less than 1.5 µs access time to distributed I/O units. Up to six distributed substations can be directly interconnected in a daisy chain topology. Each substation can in turn handle up to 15 M1 standard modules.
The wiring using RJ45 connectors is one advantage of this new technology. Thus wiring is significantly facilitated. A special protocol is not required to use the I/Os with the bus expansion. The user can access these modules directly: As if they were local. The bus expansion module BES212/N with integrated 24 V power supply provides power for the substation.
- Bus expansion slave module with 2 interfaces
- Bus expansion slave module optionally with integrated power supply
- Up to 6 local substations
- Minimal signal delay
- Distances of up to 3 m between 2 stations
- Integrated watchdog on slave modules