The SDO204 module adds an additional 4 output channels to the SLC284 safety processor module and a homogeneous overall system is created through the independent and safe inclusion in the M1 controller. Through the free choice of the slot – either directly beside the safety controller, through bus expansion, or several hundred meters away through the FASTBUS – the safety system can be optimally adapted to the distributed requirements and existing infrastructure of the system.
The SDO204 safety digital output module is approved under the latest safety standard IEC61508. The SDO204 can be easily integrated in the overall safety application, comparable with a standard I/O module – as the proven »SolutionCenter« development platform offers the easiest configuration, most flexible type of programming, and a safe simulation via easily combinable PLC-Open function modules. All variables and states of the SDO204 safety digital output module are accessible in other machine program languages (PLC, C/C++), however the visualization is also available and makes bothersome parallel wiring unnecessary.
- 8 digital outputs – can be used redundantly in pairs (PL e/SIL3/Cat 4)
- Each output with emergency delay is configurable in the event of communication lost
- Safe monitoring of the inputs with redundant 32-bit microcontrollers
- Several SDO208 units per controller possible
- All safety I/O states can be used by M1 controller
- Safety programming via SolutionCenter
- Galvanic isolation between the groups
- Galvanic isolation from the system
- Operating state display »SAFE«
- Status display for each channel via LED