OPC defines a number of manufacturer-neutral software interfaces for automation (www.opcfoundation.org). With OPC data access actual states and values (online data) can be exchanged between controllers and software applications, such as visualizations, control systems or production data acquisition.
As a pure software interface OPC runs on a PC or IPC under Windows and communicates with the M1 automation systems via Ethernet. Any standard-conformant OPC client will then either be operated on the PC of the server, or in the network and permit data exchange in both directions.
The integrated configuration tool supports the selective disclosure of any variables from the control system under a freely selectable item name for the clients. Configurations can either be created directly in the graphic interface, or transferred from other tools via the import/export function. Inversely a test client that is also integrated in the »OPC Configurator« configuration tool allows checking of the data exchange with underlying controllers without a completely set-up OPC client application.
- OPC conformant data server manufacturer-neutral interface
OPC Data Access 1.0, 2.04, 2.05 and 3.0
- Connection to M1 or CT via Ethernet
- Secure SSL connection to the controllers
- Up to 5 automation devices per server
- Up to 10,000 information points
- Multi-processor support
(depending on operating system)
- Graphic configuration tool
- Flat and hierarchical browsing
- Integrated test client (configuration tool)
- Operation under Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64 Bit), 8.1, 10
OPC Standard Server