The GIO212 is a module that can measure and output various types of signals. Each channel can be used as analog or digital output or input. With the standard signals current (0/4 to 20 mA) and voltage (±10 V), various sensors and actuators can be connected. A resolution of 16 bits allows measurement results from signals that do not completely use the measuring range (e.g. 0 to 5 V). Temperatures are playing a significant role in ever more processes, which is why this module supports Pt100/Pt1000 in 2-, 3-, and 4-wire measurement, as well as all standard type thermoelements. Similarly, the channels can be used as digital inputs, which can also be configured as interrupt input and digital 32-bit counters. The values of the pulse length or period measurement can be puffered in a FIFO (1022 values).
The quick digital 24 V output can be selected as Push-Pull, High-Side or Low-Side. The output can be controlled as simple output or as PWM / frequency output. The frequency mode allows the control of the stepper motor output stage via the output of the number of pulses or freely selectable profiles (FIFO).
Up to two signal types can be used simultaneously per channel. This allows up to 24 channels per GIO212. Analog sensors can be supplied via the digital output (short circuit-proof and monitored), actuator signals read back and digital signals monitored analog. Thus, this is a single universal module for countless applications instead of different modules for each signal type. A cost-effective solution that simplifies logistics and service.
Various modes can be combined and set easily via a configuration wizard in the SolutionCenter engineering tool.
- 12 channels
- Analog and digital inputs and outputs
- Modes that can be selected per channel:
- Analog voltage input ±10 V to ±10 mV
- Analog current input 0(4) to 20 mA
- Temperature sensor Pt elements as 2-,3-,4-wire
- Thermoelements type J, K, T, N, E, R, S, B
- Analog voltage output ±10 V
- Analog current output 0(4) to 20 mA
- Digital input 24 V
- Digital 32-bit counter, A and A/B operation
- Digital output 100 mA
- Low-Side, High-Side, Push-Pull
- Digital output as 16-bit PWM / frequency modulation
- Resolution: Input 16-bit with filter, output 14-bit
- Filter adjustable from 4 kHz to 0.5 Hz per channel
- Digital status display for analog channels
- Digital inputs in accordance with IEC 61131 Type 1,2,3
- Digital outputs up to 10 kHz
- All outputs overload, short circuit and external voltage-proof
- Measuring range monitoring freely adjustable (±105 %)
- Error message on overload and overtemperature and undervoltage of the supply
- Galvanic isolation from the system 500 V
- Condensation-proof ColdClimate design (❆)
Approvals / Certificates