The SCT202 is a safety module for measuring safety-related rotations. For this it provides inputs and outputs which enable the implementation of safety applications up to SIL2 and PLd.
The module offers the following I/Os:
- Two safety input blocks that can be used as an incremental interface (each connectable with symmetrical A/B/N tracks). The measuring result is available to the user both as a frequency as well as in the form of a counter status.
- Two safety input blocks that can either be used as a counter input (connection of initiators) or latch or referencing inputs.
- Two safety digital inputs that can also be used as latch or referencing inputs.
- Two safety digital outputs as safety short response shutdown contacts which are ideal for overspeed detection (reaction time: ≤ 1 ms).
Other special features:
- Frequency measuring directly in the module
- Qualified for use as non-safety counter / speed measuring module
- Integrated referencing function (initiator, zero pulse and combination, as well as via software)
- High speed shutdown on overfrequency
- Zero speed monitoring
- Available as ColdClimate module