The AIC206 module offers a vibration monitoring solution that can be fully integrated with the control system. The AIC206 can provide up to 4 channels of ICP®/IEPE enabled vibration inputs for high resolution, simultaneous monitoring. Two counter channels are provided for speed inputs, or alternatively as a single differential encoder, giving speed, position, direction of rotation and phase within a single measurement.
Independent signal sampling and processing of each channel ensures that sampling at up to 51.2 kHz is maintained. The upgrade from the AIC212 gives a greater dynamic range and introduces variable gains to accommodate the low signal levels from slow-moving parts. Each channel contains a ring buffer so that continuous values for bandpass filtered overall vibration (as acceleration or velocity) are available, each configurable with up to three alarm levels. Rotational speed is also stored directly in this buffer, which is timestamped. Routine monitoring data is obtained by copying this buffer under defined operating conditions, and/or on an alarm firing.
Integration with the M1 system means that values are available from any signal in the control system, or via field bus (eg Profibus; Modbus). Similarly, vibration values are available as variables within the cycles of the controller programs. The system is expandable simply by adding modules, either for further vibration channels or other input types. The module is also fully compatible with the 12 channel AIC214.
As an M1 standard module, the AIC206 can be implemented either as a “stand-alone” condition monitoring system or incorporated into the various remote or distributed configurations possible with the Bachmann automation system. The use of M1 CPUs allows this CMS to benefit from pre-existing communication and service interfaces, which reduces the start-up and maintenance costs.
The AIC206 system concept allows a free design of the condition monitoring software to the requirements of a specific application.
4 analog inputs with IEPE interface for piezo
- Analog inputs individually configurable for sensitivity
- 24 bit A-D Resolution with a dynamic range ≥96 dB
- Adjustable sampling rate up to 51.2 kHz
- Adjustable analog and digital filtering
- High-speed ring buffer directly on the module
- Full evaluation of frequency band RMS amplitudes as acceleration and velocity values available, e.g. as per ISO 10816-21
- Configurable threshold levels can be used to generate alarm signals
- Events due to alarm triggering send interrupts to the processor with a 1 μs response
2 counter channels:
- Position detection (incremental encoder input)
- Rotary encoder signal sampled synchronously
- Suitable for embedding in M1 plant management system or as an autonomous CMS
- Up to four AIC206 or AIC214 modules can operate in one system simultaneously
- Any signals from other modules or calculated variables can be used to trigger data storage via the M1
- Analyses can be designed to individual requirements
- Broad range of implementation tools (C, C++,) on the real-time operating system VxWorks®
- Synergy by using fieldbus and service communication
- Local storage in CPU Module Memory Card