The Device Manager contains a complete configuration tool for creation of PROFIBUS configurations for master and slave applications of the M1 system. Devices from any manufacturer can be added to the catalog via their standardized device description file in GSD format, and integrated in the configuration.
The PROFIBUS® Configurator enables creation of networks with an M1 controller as master station and multiple slave stations. Likewise, M1 DP slave stations can either be configured together with an M1 master, or a pure slave configuration can be created for an M1.
In this regard the slaves can be additional M1 controllers or also standard-conformant slave devices from other manufacturers. For an M1 controller a pure slave configuration can also be created. For this station a GSD file can be exported that facilitates integration in a different configuration tool.
On the master and slave station the configurator automatically generates logical I/O modules for access to the process data that permit an immediate diagnosis and signal test via the Device Manager and enable easy integration into the process image. Bit-coded values can in this manner be conveniently split into the individual DI or DO signals and given symbolic channel names, without the necessity of masking out the bits in the application program.
- Graphic network configuration
- Catalog for managing device descriptions files in GSD format
- Generates complete network configurations for applications with M1 as master
- Generates reduced configuration for applications with M1 as slave, if a master from a different manufacturer is used
- Exports GSD files for configured M1 slaves for use in other tools
- Flexible creation of access channels that organize the byte stream of the PROFIBUS in handy process values