Numerous safety-related tasks in automation applications require the acquisition of analog values. Safe compliance with limits on variables such as pressure, temperature, mechanical load, the charge state of energy storage systems, flow rate and many more determines the safety of technical processes and sequences.
The SAI205 module offers a total of 5 safety channels for recording safety-related analog variables. The standard current signal type (4 to 20 mA) enables the connection of various sensors, making the module extremely flexible. Temperatures play a critical role in safety-related processes, so the SAI205 supports 4 and 2-wire measurement with Pt100 sensors. The special voltage inputs for strain gauge measurement enable reliable acquisition of mechanical voltages.
- 4 safety inputs for 4 to 20 mA signals, forming 2 logic safety channels
- Optional encoder supply via the module
- 4 safety inputs for temperature measurement (Pt100), forming 2 logic safety channels
- 2 safety inputs for strain gauge signals, forming one logic safety channel
Connecting the inputs in pairs enables the implementation of safety applications up to SIL 2, PL d.
With a high variety of functions, outstanding signal properties and optional data preprocessing, the module can measure virtually all analog signals in safety-related applications, thus providing an inexpensive solution. Compared with analog digital converters with a threshold configuration, integrated solutions mean a significant engineering cost reduction. All signals are also available for operational control and individually-measured variables can also work co-dependently in the safety application. This makes it possible, for example, to implement status-dependent limit values. All inputted variables can also be visualized and are available for analysis via remote maintenance.
- Fast sampling of all analog signals at 1 kHz
- Availability of all signals for highly dynamic controls
- Configurable low-pass filters with a high slew rate for suppressing interference in the application
- Very high measurement accuracy and high resolution:
16-bit on all channels
- Optional data preprocessing in the module (minimum, maximum, mean)
- Configurable voting modes for each channel